Monday, August 10, 2009

Rio In the Light


As promised, here are some photos from Rio de Janeiro. Last week was very busy, but Friday afternoon we visited Rio's observatory.

Forte Copacabana and its guns occupy a commanding position overlooking the beach. If someone looks tired, it is from hiking here from the Copacabana Palace Hotel.

These sand sculptures on Copacabana seemed an appropriate place to wear the native clothing.

The sun sets over Copacabana and Sugar Loaf Mountain..

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger CarlBrannen said...

Nice to see you relaxing. Kea and I had rough days. Mine was physically very tiring and dirty. I feel better now with a shower and a beer. But I see that there's still Biomed Gel CRG 246 stuck to the backs of my hands and I suspect on my face.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Kea said...

It does look like a very nice beach, for a city beach. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in the south.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous tommaso said...

Thank you for the descriptive pic :) Yes, enjoy the place, and do not forget to look at the stars (if you haven't seen the southern stars yet). I haven't !

Cheers,
T.

1:40 PM  
Blogger L. Riofrio said...

A pleasure hearing from all of you. Arriving in a strange town, a girl often wonders about making friends!. Nice to have you here in spirit.

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is CRG 246? Is it harmful?

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page